Last Updated: 1/30/2020
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
CommunityForce collects the following data for registered users of the web application:
- First name, last name/surname, maiden name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Login Username
- IP address
- Job title
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the university or organization with the data we store. We process and store data when you:
- Register online using our software.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
CommunityForce receives your data directly from the following sources:
- Other educational organizations
How will we use your data?
CommunityForce stores your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we protect and store your data?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law. In certain instances, we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that we process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and any of your User Information that we Process that you inform us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) is erased or rectified. We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that we Process is limited to the User Information reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you services or access to the Services.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your User Information are as follows: we will retain copies of your User Information in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we plan to retain it for no longer than is necessary to fulfill a legitimate business need.
CommunityForce has skilled and experienced personnel with hands on knowledge of Federal regulations and guidelines (including National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] publications – Guide for the Security Certification and Accreditation of Federal Information Systems standards, Government Information Security Reform Act [GISRA], Office of Management and Budget [OMB] A-130, Computer Security Act, Privacy Act, and Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual [FISCAM]). We perform Security Audits of our environment at regular intervals to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and industry standards.
CommunityForce has a proactive approach in development of a defect free and secure applications. In addition, CommunityForce is actively leveraging NIST security standards to enhance its current organizational Information Security Management System. CommunityForce guarantees that any non-public information/data managed by or hosted on CommunityForce’s systems will be protected during and after the performance of the contract in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and the terms and conditions of the confidentiality agreement with the client.
CommunityForce ensures the confidentiality of its information/data by complying with the applicable laws and regulations and utilizing industry best-practices for security and privacy of information. Availability of our client’s information/data, in an event of a disaster, is ensured by utilizing our robust database clustering technologies combined with our state-of-the-art business continuity and disaster recovery program. In addition, we ensure integrity of our client information/data in transit and in rest by leveraging industry best-practices and encryption technologies. CommunityForce uses managed intrusion prevention and intrusion detection services to detect and prevent any unauthorized activities in our hosted environment. In addition, we leverage vulnerability identification and scanning software to scan our environment at regular intervals to ensure our servers are secure.
CommunityForce will keep your data for at least six years or when the university, foundation, or other organization requests deletion of such data. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by deleting the database and any referential data associated with a client account.
What are your data protection rights?
CommunityForce would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request CommunityForce for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CommunityForce correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CommunityForce to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CommunityForce erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CommunityForce restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CommunityForce’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CommunityForce transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
or via regular mail at:
Attention: Customer Care
44335 Premier Plaza
Ashburn, VA 20147
More information can be found at:
- European Union and Switzerland residents should visit the European DAA by clicking here.
- Canadian residents should visit the DAA of Canada by clicking here.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – CommunityForce uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
or via regular mail at:
Attention: Customer Care
44335 Premier Plaza
Ashburn, VA 20147
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CommunityForce has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.